White House Chief of Staff General John Kelly has taken steps to ensure that the White House will not have any more embarrassments like that of the Rob Porter scandal. Porter was revealed to be a wife abuser times two and should not have been allowed to be associated with the President. In a memo to top officials, General Kelly said that they must and will do a better job in the future. You could probably take that to the bank. Background checks will be a whole bunch tougher going forward and backward.
As Written and Reported By Gabby Morrongiello for the Washington Examiner:
White House chief of staff John Kelly sent a memo to top government officials on Friday approving changes to how the Trump administration oversees background investigations and grants security clearances, a move largely seen as a response to concerns that emerged following the resignation of Rob Porter last week.
Writing to FBI Director Christopher Wray, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, and two top White House aides, Kelly said the Porter scandal proved, “We should — and in the future, must — do better” at vetting applicants for positions inside the administration.take our poll - story continues below
Porter resigned from his position as White House staff secretary last week after his two ex-wives publicly accused him of spousal abuse. He had been operating on an interim security clearance in the West Wing for nearly 14 months.
Kelly said he has worked closely with White House counsel Don McGahn to discuss changes that need to be made to the hiring process and the need for routine status updates on individuals’ background checks.
The president’s top aide also said he ended the extension of interim security clearances to White House officials last September “absent extraordinary circumstances and my ….
THERE IS WAY MORE HERE KEEP READING: